Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dark Chocolate Raisinets








Perhaps they're not brand new, but they're new to us.






BCOM Says:



Let me set this up real quick. My first memory of dark chocolate is from the bag of Hershey's Miniatures my Mom would sometimes keep in the house. Krackle? Gone. Milk Chocolate? Loved it. Mr. Goodbar? Nice to meet you sir. Hershey's Dark? The bag got thrown out with 20 of them still inside.



So, obviously I ripped open this bag with some trepidation.



They were actually quite good, I'd have to say. No reminder of the thick, intense flavor from my childhood, which is a good thing.



It actually felt like more of a wholesome snack, which I'm sure is just the reaction they were hoping for when they released these "antioxidant bombs".






JLAM Says:



At first glance, you'd think you're buying a health food the way these are packaged. Lest we forget what we're eating here, I checked out the label a little closer.



Turns out they are pretty low in fat, carbs and calories compared to other leading chocolate candies, but we're still talking about 8 grams of fat (4.5 saturated) and 30+ grams of carbs per serving. And there's two in the bag we're all going to consume in a sitting.



That being said, I liked the taste alot, although I honestly didn't notice a huge difference from regular Raisenets, which I've always liked too.






Overall, we've given Dark Chocolate Raisenets our coveted TERRIFIC!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is... not gonna do it.

I'm all about the chocolate and all... in fact, I spend have my working day traveling to my bosses jar of chocolate candy and picking out my favorites. However, if these Dark Chocolate Raisinets found their way into his jar, I have a feeling they would be last to go.