Friday, January 11, 2008

Pringles "Extreme" Gets a Hesitant Terrific!

You can check out Pringles' online touting of their newest product line here: http://www.pringles.com/pages/index.shtml


B-Com Says:

First, take a look at the packaging. It's eye-catching, which is always good, especially in an over-crowded chip aisle. But, honestly I think the whole "extreme" thing has more than run its course. There is no extreme any more. It's been over done, so the line's name leaves something to be desired. Maybe they should have stuck with "popping" or some powerful variation of their "everything pops with pringles" theme. . .


Now, of the three flavors available, I gravitated toward the Blazin' Buffalo Chicken because I happen to like Buffalo wings. But I was leery of the words "blazin'" and "extreme" because I generally order my wings medium-mild, and don't want them too hot. As it turned out, I had little to worry about in the heat area, but if I weren't purchasing it for this blog, I'd probably avoid them out of respect for my delicate taste buds. I hope they're not losing too many customers that way.


J-Lam Says:

I came into this hoping for more. Don't get me wrong, the Blazin' Buffalo Chicken flavor Extreme Pringles tasted great. But they were just the latest in a long line of great-tasting Pringles. They were nothing special when compared to Pringles' other great flavors, and they certainly were not "extreme" in any sense of the word. Now, I love hot food. Depending on my mood, I love wings that'll bring tears to my eyes. I gravitated immediately to the Blazin' Buffalo assuming that's what I was going to get. Instead, I got a buffalo sauce-flavored chip with a tiny kick to it.


Terrific or Turd?

Looks like we both agree this time. Pringles' new Extreme line of potato crisps are as terrific as any other Pringles, but they're nothing special beyond that.


No comments: