Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Original Corn Nuts



This classic munchable is still apparently alive and well, at least at Walgreen’s…

J-Lam Says:

Corn Nuts definitely provide “The Ultimate Crunch” they advertise. This snack is so simple, we’re talking THREE ingredients. And that’s all it needs. (Maybe ye ole’ Munch Bar could learn a thing or two from these whole grain tidbits.) To me, they tasted great. Just like I remember them from way back. I also love how they count of the nutritional figures in an “entire package” format along with the saner 1/3 cup serving size. They know these things are addictive and that guys like me WILL consume the whole damn thing any way, so it’s good to know where we fatty’s stand.

TERRIFIC!

B-Com Says:

When J-Lam lunged past me to grab this bag of Corn Nuts off the rack at Walgreen’s, I was amazed for two reasons. First, he commented “they still have a bag left!” which made me think he was just as amazed as I was that they’re still making this archaic snack from the 90’s. Then, he continued with “that’s my favorite snack of all time!” Now this is the same J-Lam who prefers Sega over Nintendo, who writes poetry, who enjoys listening to his favorite band, Dream Theater, while wearing a cloak… so why am I surprised?

I watch him rifling them down (as in, pouring them into his hand, and literally gobbling them up) and I notice a bright red starburst on the package warning of a choking hazard! “Do Not Give To Children Under Six!” it says. I love the updated tag line: Eat it! Taste it! Hear it!! Choke it!!!

TURD!

No comments: