Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Munch Nut Bar



The geniuses that brought you Snickers have stumbled this time…

B-Com Says:

Let me start off by saying how hesitant I am to eat a candy bar named “Munch”. I don’t know why, but I giggle every time I say it. J-Lam does too, so it can’t just be me. Go on, say it with me: Munch!” “MUNCH!!” You’re laughing too.

Anyway, the wrapper says “pure, natural peanut goodness” and also mentions “six simple ingredients”. Let me read them off to you: Peanuts, sugar, butter, corn syrup, salt, soy lecithin. Now with the exception of ingredient number six, which I’m not really sure about, the rest sounds good, right? Tasty stuff. OK, it’s got me. I am actually looking forward to eating this thing called “Munch”.

I opened the package and noticed it reminded me very much of peanut brittle. I like peanut brittle! Now we’re really cooking with gas: I like five of the six ingredients, I like peanut brittle… this should be great! Then I took my first bite.

All the anticipation goes away and I’m left with something in my mouth that somehow tastes flat. I don’t even get a fresh peanut flavor out of a peanut candy bar. I can see peanuts, they crunch like peanuts, even smell like peanuts… how do they do it? How do they manage to suck out all the great peanut flavor, and leave with “Munch”? I may just have to go to www.munchnutbar.com and let them know their non-peanut peanut candy bar is a

TURD!

J-Lam Says:

The wrapper highlights this bar’s “six simple ingredients” and “pure natural goodness”. It also touts that this is a low-glycemic-index snack. The fact is, it has 220 calories, 15 grams of fat and 18 grams of carbs packed into a brain-bending candy/granola bar half-breed. It’s sold in the candy bar section, and its nutritional values reflect that they chose correctly in that regard. At approximately 60 calories per bite, this is no diet food.

It tasted fine to me, because sweet and salty peanuts will always be a guaranteed winner. But for my money, and for the damage I’m doing to my svelte waistline, I’d rather grab a PayDay any day of the week.

TURD!

No comments: